Professional "All Breed" Dog Training!
My name is Steve Milton and I began training dogs over 25 years ago with my dad, John Milton. Until his passing in 2007, my dad was a renown professional dog trainer and field test judge. We enjoyed those years of training together and produced many successful dogs, both for ourselves and for various clients. I'm extremely fortunate that he shared his advanced knowledge of dog training with me, as this is now my life and passion.
One of the most useful things my father taught me was how to "read" each dog as an individual. In my mind, this is the vital tool of successful dog training. Like humans, all dogs have different learning abilities and personality traits. My understanding of how each dog uses his mind and physical attributes leads to better outcomes, and a happier, enthusiastic dog.
I readily fall in love with each and every one of the dogs that I train. Through our close communication, we can't help but bond and become like family. I believe that positive in-put gets positive results. The best dog training technique is to "make their play their work, and their work their play". When done correctly, the dog doesn't realize he is being trained; he is simply experiencing something new and having a great time.
If I had to choose, I'd say that starting puppies and watching them advance through the various levels of training is my favorite. I also enjoy working with the owners to help them maximize the enjoyment of their dog whatever the goal: a well-socialized and mannered family pet, an excellent handling, working, hunt / field dog, or to compete in the show ring. I am exerienced in training dogs of all ages and levels of experience, and for a wide array of desired outcomes. Now, at Kenya Labradors, I am able to live my dream of working with dogs and living where I work. I offer a variety of services customized to meet your goals according to your canine's ability.
As well as all-around obedience, I provide various types of gun dog training services:
- Puppy Head Start
- Basic Gun Dog Training
- Advanced Gun Dog Training
- Continuance of Advanced/Hunt Test Competiton
- Private and Group Lessons
- and so much more!
Steve Milton Dog Training is your Best Choice:
- You want some advice on choosing a dog or puppy
- You want to start your new puppy's training off right.
- You've adopted an adult dog and want to train through
- Your dog or puppy needs potty or house training.
- You want to train your dog to listen to you.
- You want your dog be more obedient.
- You and your dog have different ideas about what is
acceptable dog behavior -- he needs manners.
- Your dog has behavior issues that need to be fixed now!
- Your two (or more) dogs aren't getting along.
- Your lifestyle will soon change, and you want your dog to be
- Having a baby
- Moving with your dog
- Renting with your dog
- Getting another dog
- Traveling with your dog
- You want to have MORE fun with your dog!
- You want to compete and/or hunt with your dog.
My goal in dog and puppy training is to make your life easier by training your dog or puppy to be calm, well behaved and yet eager to listen and follow your lead. I want your dog to be the best family pet you could ever hope for!
with your questions.